• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kind of an ironic story to tell...

androidlover9

Android Enthusiast
Last night I had a dream where I was on my Galaxy S3, and I had a notification for a system update....

Today I wake up thinking maybe it did happen, so I check Bell's website it says they have the update available...

Just curious, has anyone had any bugs with Kitkat on Galaxy S3? Is it smoother than 4.3? Faster? Buggier? Is it worth to update at all?

While I'm not on a Bell S3, but the AT&T variant, I took the OTA (well, long story. But I forced it.) Anyway. I rather enjoy the update. It definitely seems to run quite smoothly on my device

While I'm not on a Bell S3, but the AT&T variant, I took the OTA (well, long story. But I forced it.) Anyway. I rather enjoy the update. It definitely seems to run quite smoothly on my device

Lol I got impatient and updated it any way but thanks for the response XD

Yeah it seems a lot faster actually, the different colours and stuff are a welcome change too, I don't particularily like it that much, especially with the quick toggles... but eh.

And I think they dimmed the screen a bit, and they made it slower when you swipe down from the top to get to the notifications and stuff...

And for whatever dumb reason, when your default message app is NOT the stock messaging app, you can't send texts... Doesn't really matter since I use hangouts :P

It runs decently fast for me. Granted I use the stock message app, and have rooted and debloated the rom. Can you do me a favor? Check under lock screen settings and see if you have an option for multiple widgets.

Which options exactly?

Btw I got new wallpapers with this update! But I lost a few too..

The one with the leaves and the rain on it...

and the one with the flowers that people blow on cause they think it gives them wishes or something is gone.

We got some wallpapers from the S4 though, like the one with the plane wing, and the one with the girl and the balloon XD

I never had the thing where you can change the screen colours to immersive, movie, regular, and other stuff I don't remember...

Oh, and S voice is a bit faster, just a bit... but she's still useless as ever.

Huh. I don't see those options (immersive and such) and honestly...I can't check for the live wallpapers. I removed those all and the live wallpaper picker >.>

But hey, good news is someone else can confirm the multiple widgets!

I do agree about the S-Voice thing though. I never use it.

Huh. I don't see those options (immersive and such) and honestly...I can't check for the live wallpapers. I removed those all and the live wallpaper picker >.>

But hey, good news is someone else can confirm the multiple widgets!

I do agree about the S-Voice thing though. I never use it.

I don't use multiple widgets so I don't care :P

I'm on Bell and I got the update late Wednesday. On 4.2, I get the occasional stutter when listening to music over my car's BT audio. I normally drive with Waze on, too.

So far, in the past day and a half, I haven't experienced any music stuttering. I'm going to wait a full week before I will say this issue is fixed.

As for everything else, it seems to be fine. I haven't used it enough to really say if it is better or worse. So far, I haven't noticed anything in particular.

I'm on Bell and I got the update late Wednesday. On 4.2, I get the occasional stutter when listening to music over my car's BT audio. I normally drive with Waze on, too.

So far, in the past day and a half, I haven't experienced any music stuttering. I'm going to wait a full week before I will say this issue is fixed.

As for everything else, it seems to be fine. I haven't used it enough to really say if it is better or worse. So far, I haven't noticed anything in particular.

I toyed around with it a lot, it seems to be a lot faster, and battery life is better too :D

One thing I noticed is when I first boot it up (this happens everytime) The power button doesn't work, when I hold it down it has the power down options, but it doesn't turn the screen off when I press it once, and the menu and back keys work, but don't light up, I have to wait about ten seconds for it to work, usually after it says "power saving mode on"

I toyed around with it a lot, it seems to be a lot faster, and battery life is better too :D

I haven't noticed any performance improvement. I'm still getting the periodic stutter when listening to music over my car's BT audio. Battery life seems to be the same as before as well.

One thing I noticed is when I first boot it up (this happens everytime) The power button doesn't work, when I hold it down it has the power down options, but it doesn't turn the screen off when I press it once, and the menu and back keys work, but don't light up, I have to wait about ten seconds for it to work, usually after it says "power saving mode on"

I rarely turn off or reboot my phone. When I did my update, I started it when I went to bed. By the time I awoke, the update had already completed and the phone rebooted. I rarely reboot my phone, so I don't know about any power button issues immediately after reboot.

Back
Top Bottom