• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kodi jarvis 16 audio question

Bazzaboy79

Hi everyone, pretty long description here, im running an mxq android box with kodi 16 jarvis, through hdmi , everything working as it should, iv got a 42inch plasma, now i want to use p.c speakers and bass box which works perfectly on my hitachi 42inch lcd t.v where i plug the jack into the headphone socket, (hell of a sound) , the only trouble is my plasma hasnt got a headphone socket just the coloured connections, so i bought a twin phono to plug into the t.v white and red! But on kodi the audio output option is andriod audio track and greyed out, not selectable, so my question is how do i get my speakers to work with kodi , sorry for the lengthy post

Does your box have a headphone jack? Thats what i use for my speaker tower..from the android box to the speaker volume off on the tv

Thanks for the quick response mate, i just checked, it has an a.v socket and also a SPDIFF , not sure what that one is lol, but the a.v is instead of hdmi hook up

You still have to use hdmi for video and the av jack for sound just make sure your tv speakers our off or it will sound like crap with both on

Hdmi from android box to tv headphone jack from android to speakers...you will need a double end 3.5mm cord they are common on wired headphones to plug them together

Right i plugged the speakers straight into the box, but still not working, theres 3 options in android settings, spdiff passthrough , hdmi passthrough and paw i think it said, so what do i set it to, and also the what would b the kodi settings, sorry i just havnt got a clue with this lol

Its gotta be something simple, i know, like i said on my newer t.v i can just plug and play sort of thing, sound is banging, but this older tv hasnt got a headphone socket, just coloured connections, its just 2 p.c speakers left and right connected to a sub

hi, what kind of speaker you got ? PC speaker with regular 3.5mm jack ?
I just try on my mxq , plug and play my pc speaker into my mxq, (3.5mm and usb for power). I don't have to change any settngs, it works on kodi 15.2 and youtube apps.

The default setting is , Auto detect audio (off), HDMI passthrough (PCM) but grey out

Regards
Simon

I bought creative speakers from maplin, theres a left and right speaker connected to a sub , they work perfect on the p.c plugged straight into the green headphone socket, the power is a normal house plug , maybe the t.v isnt compatible just using the red and white phono leads , its doing my head in lol, coz the sound is awesome when they are connected up, the only connections on my mxq is a.v and spdiff

i just tested a Philips PC speaker(left and right and a small bass ), plug and play the green 3.5mm into my MXQ, av port, it works too. Possible that you have a different MXQ from us .

Or you may get a cable to covert the red and white into 3.5mm, i think i have seen it before.it exists

Ok mate, il try plugging the green jack into the a.v port, yea i bought a joiner from maplin with a single 3.5 mm then a twin phono lead, red and white to go to tv, im working away now till thursday night so il try it fri morning, my mxq pro was from amazon £26

Yes from android straight into speakers for audio..hdmi from android to tv turn volume off on tv so it only goes through the audio speakers u want

Thanks for ur replies guys, iv tried the speakers in the a.v and they work, is there a way of using the remote for the t.v for volume or am i just stuck with the volume on the speaker conteol

Back
Top Bottom