• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kyocera Event (hotspot capable??)

GlenAM

This may be dupe thread ???? "submit" acted squirrely on original
The Event is not strictly a "hotspot" fone, but
I installed Pdanet+ and everything looked good except the "authenticating...." never completed.

Am I missing something here ??
Thanks,
Glen

It's possible that Sprint (VM is on Sprint's towers) is blocking tethering unless you pay for it. Verizon started doing that a while ago.

You are most likely right, I talked to VM cust svc. but didn't think to ask about that, they just listed 4 fones that was hotspot capable,
thanks for reply,
g

Well, I got it to work. Installed the new "PDANET Tablet" on my tablet, selected "Bluetooth Server". Installed FoxFi on Kyocera Event, selected bluetooth. They paired up and conx was made. surfed inet with google browser for a while, response time was real good.

g

Check out the forum on the same page you posted called Event- All Things Root and then read subforum Wifi Hotspot- Yes, It Does Work.You Will Need To Have Rooted your phone, just follow the forum in this same section if needed.

Thanks so much for your info !! Have done lots of things with phones and tablets, but am still hesitate on rooting the phone, it's about the only trick I haven't done.
Thanks again !

Back
Top Bottom