• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Latest OTA Update will not install

mbuckner

Lurker
MT4G still running Android 2.2.1 build 1.17.531.2.CL277036. I have actually recived notification to download/Install the OTA update (oddly only when I am in California or in DC but at not home in Texas). I have downloaded it and it tries to install. I'll see a green progress bar for a minute or two and then but will stall at the screen with the red triangle. I am not perm-rooted (however have SuperUser as well as Visionary+ and Titanium BackUp installed). I have temp-rooted long enough to remove some bloatware. After several failed attempts at installing the March/April 2012 OTA update, I have uninstalled SuperUser as well as Visionary+ and Titanium BackUp and tried again with no success. I do have LauncherPro (free version) installed as well as Beautiful Widgets Lite. I'm not sure uninstalling these will have any success either at this point.
I'd like to get GingerBread running on my phone but are at a loss. I thought about manually installing, but cannot find a working link to get the file I need. Looked at Bupah's article but the link is not working.
1)Where on the phone does the OTA download get stored so it can be installed?
2) Any suggestions how to get GingerBread installed?

UPDATE: After uninstalling all my apps, doing a factory reset, wiping the SD Card and setting the phone back up sticking to "stock" (and not installing any apps), the phone STILL will not install the OTA update. I simply gave up. However the other day my phone's screen went completly white and shut off out of the clar blue. It would not poer back on.... after a call to TMobile a replacement was sent... and it's already loaded with Gingerbread. Not sure what caused the problem on the original phone but to quote the old Tootsie Pop commercials .... "the world may never know".

Back
Top Bottom