• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest Sony Update WIPED entire SD card

abbieb

Lurker
After the monumental screw up of Lollipop, Sony issued a new update to my phone yesterday which promised bug fixes and performance improvements. What it failed to tell me however, is that after the update the entire contents of my SD card had been wiped. ALL music, photos, videos and documents. Everything. Absolutely amazed with how the whole update/upgrade has been handled by Sony/Android and feel sick to my stomach about the phone I used to have and now lost.

After the monumental screw up of Lollipop, Sony issued a new update to my phone yesterday which promised bug fixes and performance improvements. What it failed to tell me however, is that after the update the entire contents of my SD card had been wiped. ALL music, photos, videos and documents. Everything. Absolutely amazed with how the whole update/upgrade has been handled by Sony/Android and feel sick to my stomach about the phone I used to have and now lost.
If it isn't too late, and you haven't done too much to the card, there are utilities out there that might recover some of your data.

For example:

EaseUS MobiSaver for Android - Data Recovery for Android Devices

Thanks - I'm looking into this. None of the recovery tools I've downloaded can see the card with the phone plugged into the computer. Not sure if it only works via a card reader.

Back
Top Bottom