• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher, stock/other.battery and performance

HTTR

Android Enthusiast
Was a faithful Go Launcher person until ICS. I have tried Launcher Pro, ADW and preferred Go to all of them. Figrued I would try running stock. It runs fine, I do miss some of the tweaks in Go.

My question is, I deleted Go and have been running stock ICS launcher, I think that battery may be better with stock as opposed to Go.

Do any of you have any experience or data to suggest that an alternative launcher drains (or does not) any more battery or impact performance over stock?

Thanks in advance

Nova Launcher. I had GO on Gingerbread, but it just got way too bloated. And as much as I like updates, they had one practically every week...that's just ridiculous. They would add any and every feature someone suggested and it just made it bigger and bigger and did use more battery than a launcher should, IMHO. Nova is slick, clean and mean, and has all the features I used in GO without the other bloated garbage. The update to Prime makes all the difference as more features are available, obviously. ;)

May give Nova run....

***edit*** running NOVA prime now, like the interface and really smooth. Good tip!

Also switched from Go to Nova when the ICS update came out. I loved Go and it does currently have more options available, but Nova is optimized for ICS and does seem to be a far leaner launcher as mentioned. You will have to fork over $4 for the full version, however.

Back
Top Bottom