• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Launcherless!!

bennylava

Hi all. I know its been a while since most people have messed with their captivate. Well, I actually have the Galaxy S, but its ATT. Everyone knows that its actually the Captivate everywhere else. So does anyone have a link to an Odin that installs the last, best Cynagen mod for the SGH-I897? I'm now using it as an MP3 player in my shop and the last best version I had was some mod that used the GO Launcher. I accidentally uninstalled the launcher, and now I'm launcherless lol.

So can someone please link me a link that still works, to the last, best ROM for the Captivate? (Aka the galaxy S on ATT) American version

Well I got it back. I kept the old ROM and just reinstalled it. But now, I can't get Kies Air back on there, because the phone isn't activated right now. As I said I'm just using it as an MP3 player right now. And now I need Kies Air back on there because that was the way that I used to transfer files to and from the phone.

Is there a way to install apps on the phone without using the play store?

Well I got it back. I kept the old ROM and just reinstalled it. But now, I can't get Kies Air back on there, because the phone isn't activated right now. As I said I'm just using it as an MP3 player right now. And now I need Kies Air back on there because that was the way that I used to transfer files to and from the phone.

Is there a way to install apps on the phone without using the play store?

Only if you download them single handed from Google (not recommended). And as for data just use the WiFi and sign in with Google and download via play store.

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks man! For some reason I was thinking that you had to have phone service for the wifi to work. You know, just another thing that those shady corporations might do.

Can anyone site the latest and greatest ROM for my ATT Galaxy S? Again, the rest of the world called it the captivate. I imagine that no one works on Gingerbread anymore. After all, what would be the point?

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks man! For some reason I was thinking that you had to have phone service for the wifi to work. You know, just another thing that those shady corporations might do.

Can anyone site the latest and greatest ROM for my ATT Galaxy S? Again, the rest of the world called it the captivate. I imagine that no one works on Gingerbread anymore. After all, what would be the point?

You can check here , it has all ROMs ,kernels etc portraying to the galaxy s http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s-all-things-root/489555-galaxy-s-all-things-root-guide.html

Back
Top Bottom