• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LED won't turn off

Mutant04

Hi All,

Strange thing with my LED . I have unticked all of the options on the LED tab in settings, however when I get a message/email etc. the LED still flashes.

I know that alot of S2 owners moaned about not having a LED. Now we have one, I find it annoying. Especially in the middle of the night, when the bedroom suddenly lights up, like I've been invaded by the police(blue flashing light), 'cause I've got a email!!!

How do I turn this off???

Are you using the stock apps for everything? If you're using third party messaging, email etc apps, the LED will probably light up even with those settings off.

I would guess that even the Gmail app would light up the LED if that setting is turned off, but the Email app wouldn't.

Just guessing at this point though.

I'm having the same issue. It's definitely the Gmail app doing it, and there are no LED settings in the app. I have all three LED settings unchecked also. I just sent a bug report to Gmail (Gmail/Menu/Send feedback/Report a problem). Please do the same so they can see Gmail is having this issue with the S3.

this is frustrating. I turn my phone OFF and charge it overnight, but the led is on (red, but then green when fully charged) all night long.

Not that it bothers anybody overnight, but being on all night, every night, it will burn out the led after a while I would think.

(and, yes, I have un-checked the setting to turn the led off when charging, but it's still on, but only with the phone OFF).

wth?

I'm having the same issue. It's definitely the Gmail app doing it, and there are no LED settings in the app. I have all three LED settings unchecked also. I just sent a bug report to Gmail (Gmail/Menu/Send feedback/Report a problem). Please do the same so they can see Gmail is having this issue with the S3.

this is frustrating. I turn my phone OFF and charge it overnight, but the led is on (red, but then green when fully charged) all night long.

Not that it bothers anybody overnight, but being on all night, every night, it will burn out the led after a while I would think.

(and, yes, I have un-checked the setting to turn the led off when charging, but it's still on, but only with the phone OFF).

wth?

Does anyone have Lightflow installed or any other apps that mess with the LED? If so, disabling them might help.

A reboot wouldn't hurt after disabling the LED settings either.

wth?

LEDs last a very long time. It's probably a 50,000hr LED which means if you have it on all the time it will last over 5 and a half years (at which time your phone is probably obsolete).

wth?

Same problem here with stock software....hope they release and update patch to fix it.

No LightFlow here. I do use Handcent SMS for texting, but I have LED notification turned off there. Lightflow is having issues with the SIII because it's LED codes are different from other Android phones. That may be what's causing the GMail blue flash problems, and why Handcent can't get the LED to work either.

Once again. Everyone who is having issues with not being able to disable the GMail LED notification please notifiy the developer. Open Gmail, press Menu key, select Send feedback, select Report a problem. Thanks!

I had this problem for a while. I had installed light flow and soon after had disabled it because it was not working properly. I had to completely uninstall it before two problems went away. One was the voice announce regardless of setting and the other was LED that wouldn't turn off. While it might not be light flow in all cases, it is something to keep in mind... Even having something installed and not even enabled was messing mine up.

I have the same problem. Happens with both the Gmail and stock email apps. Notification option in LED settings is turned off. Blue light still blinks whether I get an email on either app and also an SMS text. Seems the option box has no effect. My SGS3 is only a month old and has been updated to Jelly Bean. No LED modification apps installed.

It's now December 2012 and I see no activity on this thread since August. Has a solution been found?

Also very interested. I want to tinker with LEDs on an ATT SG3 that is currently running ICS (I'm in US). I will update to JB when it is available. I'm fine using an app, but why can't I just update it in the stock settings!? I want to go to a screen and say "blink for a text or missed phone call, don't blink for new email or anything else (ie fbook)."
Is that so hard?!! :-)

Back
Top Bottom