• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lenovo k1tablet cant hard reset

danny90602

Lurker
Nov 11, 2016
View attachment 114421 View attachment 114418 View attachment 114419 View attachment 114420 im hoping someone can help me out i purchased a lenovo k1 tablet model name 1304 from a private party and the password he wrote paper on i lostit and i cant reach the seller.so i figured i would start with a hard reset and go from there.so i went onto lenovo site to get the correct button sequence to do the hard reset.im fairly knowledgeable with rooting devices and hard resets etc.so i went to try the hard reset with the vol up and power i get the flash on screen release both and normal no recovery i even try holding vol longer after releasing power no recovery tried like 10 times no recovery did with vol down same thing .so i tried with both vol up and down +power when i do that one the 2 lights next to home button stay on and screen locks up so i do it again to put tablet back to normal.am i missing something here i can not get into recovery its driving me crazy so if someone can help would apreciate it
20170106_145100.jpg
20170107_191507.jpg
20170107_191604.jpg
20170107_212846.jpg

Ideapad K1, I don't think there is a recovery and reset for this device. Some Lenovos are like that. And presumably this is the supervisor password.

From the K1 manual:
https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's guides and manuals/K1/Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 Hardware Maintenance Manual.pdf
Attention:
If the SVP has been forgotten and cannot be made available to
the servicer, there is no service procedure to reset the password. The system
board must be replaced for a scheduled fee.

Which means not even Lenovo can reset it, not without replacing the whole system board.

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones