• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lenovo Tab M9

Wanted to find out if anyone out here runs a Lenovo Tab M9, as I just picked one up during Amazon Prime Days. I bought it after my 5 year old Amazon Fire HD8 has gotten long in the tooth, with Amazon not doing any OS updates at all in these years. Apps were getting slower as they updated while OS remained static. So I looked a long time for another small format tablet since I prefer a 7 or 8 inch tablet when I travel on airplanes, easier to read books and watch videos without fearing the dread seat recline knocking over an iPad or laptop.

Samsung has effectively ended their 8 inch line and I didn't find the myriad no name Android devices worthwhile, but the M9 seemed reasonable, especially with a competitive sale price during Amazon Prime Days. At any rate, after a few weeks I'm satisfied the apps I transferred from my HD8 are snappier in responsiveness due to a fairly up to date Android 13 version. It's not certainly not a Samsung tablet nor an iPad, but that isn't what I wanted, just a cost effective reader and occasional video player for light usage.

Anyone have experience with this tablet, would you share your perspective.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones