• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG F60 MetroPCS (MS395) Base ROM - Testing!

Got anything new that might help? I was thinking of get CM12 again and doing the whole process again of flashing this rom but this time I'm gonna check the RM-FM method because the first time I flashed this ROM I didn't check it.

I have another ROM in development with some of the added features but it's based on this BASE ROM. Not sure if it will work differently or not. I can upload it for testing probably on Monday.

Reactions: jplsteel
Upvote 0
Hey Bard. If it's any help, just did a quick test of this and it does break the camera. At least on mine. Can't test 4G LTE. Otherwise seems to work.

Thanks for the test.
But does signal (4G LTE or 4G or any signal) at least work?

I'm back to stock after loving cm12 but the camera bug is a killer. So, what's the difference between this Base Rom and stock?
Thanks

It's very close to the stock except it's pre-rooted, deodexed (no DEX file) and zipaligned (faster app open)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here's another ROM I am working on.

I am not sure if this will make any difference because it's based on the BASE ROM from the OP.

It has high chance that camera & signal not working but who know. These files at least work for my phone (camera okay, signal okay)

F60 Eva ROM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B69dMfqyU4n9WjdPZ1NEdnVHY1k/view?usp=sharing

Hey Bard. Just tried it. Still no camera unfortunately. Otherwise it really looks nice! Thanks for your efforts. What procedure are you using to install this? Wonder why it works on yours but not mine?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is how I install. Nothing really special though.

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery

2. TWRP Setting, check use rm-fm method (I tried without checking this still same result..)

3. Wipe -> Factory setting

4. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Wipe everything except External SD

5. Install Base ROM / Eva ROM

6. Wipe Dalvik cache

7. Reboot System

Upvote 0
This is how I install. Nothing really special though.

1. Reboot to TWRP recovery

2. TWRP Setting, check use rm-fm method (I tried without checking this still same result..)

3. Wipe -> Factory setting

4. Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Wipe everything except External SD

5. Install Base ROM / Eva ROM

6. Wipe Dalvik cache

7. Reboot System
I'm just curious. Why do step 6 after installing/flashing the ROM?

Upvote 0
Hello Bard.
On LG's Open Source pages, I found the Lollipop files
for the MS395 F60 phone.
They are labeled:

1. LGMS395_L_Android.tar.gz
2. LGMS395_L_Kernel.tar.gz
3. Readme.txt

...also found..
LGMS395 E2 version of the F60 Software for KitKat..

1. LGMS395_E2_KitKat_V10d_android_1.zip
2. LGMS395_E2_KitKat_V10d_android_2.zip
3. LGMS395_E2_KitKat_V10d_kernel-zip

My current F60 phone is at 4.4.2 and MS39510d with a TWRP custom recovery.

I would like to try to update my phone to the Lollipop version.

I have placed the files on Google Drive, but not yet shared them out.

Would you or another person on the forum, point me in the right direction
on how to compile these files and try to update my phone to Lollipop.

I can do the work, but just need to find the path to do so... ;)

Upvote 0
Hello Bard.
for the MS395 F60 phone.
They are labeled:

3. Readme.txt

...also found..

You may want to p.m Bard

Upvote 0
Hello Bard.
for the MS395 F60 phone.
They are labeled:

3. Readme.txt

...also found..

I am pretty sure LG took the Lollipop source out long time ago.

I actually tried to compile it when they had the source in their site but wasn't able to finish it. So I asked LG how to compile but instead of answering, they took it out from the web site.

The closest thing is Noobified's CM12.1 ROM which has all features working except camera. If you don't use Camera often I recommend to give it a try.

I can't even compile a simple stock based ROM because it worked okay on mine but gives errors to others. Not sure if I have a phone from different batch or something >< All my development on F60 is on halt...

Upvote 0
Hello I'm just curious to know what is new to this custom ROM compare to the default ROM. I am this close to actually flashing this to my phone, but I need to know what is different.

It's a minimal version of stock based ROM (bloat removal, de-odexed) so I can develop other rom on top of this.

But the problem is.. it worked okay on my phone (MS39510d based) but others had trouble installing and working. That's why I stopped developing it. (Maybe phones from different batch or something??)

You can certainly try but please make sure you have backup of your current status, so in case anything goes wrong you can go back.

Upvote 0
have lg f60 got it stuck in recovery reinstalled stock firmware original was ms39510d now its ms39510g and I cant reroot can you help me with this please it will root with kingroot but cant install chainfire su and kingroot su is not so good Thank You for your work
Are you trying to install it via app store and installing the libraries or are you flashing the zip from chainfire's xda thread?

Upvote 0
Are you trying to install it via app store and installing the libraries or are you flashing the zip from chainfire's xda thread?
Installed cm12.1 great romantic doesn't bother me about camera but one major bummer the WiFi tethering doesn't work (goes through carrier metropcs) i don't suppose you have a method for this? This phone was perfect till security update bricked it went from ms39510d to ms39510g any help to get back to normal I'd be more than happy to make a generous donation am on unlimited data plan and loss of unlimited tethering is a big bummer
Thanks for your efforts
Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones