• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G6 wrong phone # showing

Dude905

Hello .... I ported over my old number and my LG G6 now responds to the ported-over number fine, however, the 'My Number' setting on the LG still shows a number that Freedom Mobile initially assigned to me. Shouldn't this 'My Number' setting change automatically to the ported-over number? Or does anyone know how to correct this, thanks

Maybe try powering your phone off, removing your SIM card, restarting (with the card left out), and power it off again, put your SIM back in, restart, and see if that makes any difference.
If your old number is still showing up, dig through your Settings menu for a 'Network settings reset' option. This is a bit of a drastic step as it wipes any network related settings and returns them to their defaults, so it will delete any saved WiFi networks and Bluetooth pairings, along with (what matters the most for your situation) previous cellular configurations.

... and just as aside, don't forget to replace your old number with your new one in your Contacts listing.

OK, if a Network settings reset didn't change the number than that's an indicator this might not be some kind of glitch but rather some kind of configuration issue. Try digging into your Settings menu and pay special attention to all the sub-menus. There's also the problem of a lack of conformity with Android's menus so a lot of options and such aren't as obvious as they can be inside a hamburger menu icon (three horizontal bars), or a gear icon, or a three-vertical dot icon that may be in the top right or left menubar.

Thanks for helping.... I have looked everywhere and almost try everything, It's really odd I think. I'm curious if anyone has had their number ported over and it shows on their phones their ported over number?

Thanks for helping.... I have looked everywhere and almost try everything, It's really odd I think. I'm curious if anyone has had their number ported over and it shows on their phones their ported over number?

My current phone number was ported over and shows that number.

Back
Top Bottom