• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG-H910 QuickMemo+ FC

gerg04

Lurker
The QuickMemo+ fore closes on me every time I try to add a new note. As soon as I hit the "+" button it crashed and I get the "Unfortunately, QuickMemo+ has stopped." I also get this message when I try and click the Capture+ from the Notification pull-down menu.

This has happened since I got the phone so I really have no clue what could be the cause. Anyone else experience this? I've searched both XDA, here and Google and hadn't seen it mentioned. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

I have no issues with it on mine but I also don't use it often. I use Google Keep. But I tested it a few times just recently and it loads and takes notes no issue.

I hate to suggest this as I know it's a pain but go into the settings - applications - and hit force stop. Then restart it.

that would clear off any residual bits hanging on in memory and active - then it would start with a clean slate.

Another option would be to do a factory reset of the phone and wipe all data and start over. that might also fix it.

Otherwise I don't know what else to do since it's a baked in app of the LG ROM - you can't delete it without root access.

I have no issues with it on mine but I also don't use it often. I use Google Keep. But I tested it a few times just recently and it loads and takes notes no issue.

I hate to suggest this as I know it's a pain but go into the settings - applications - and hit force stop. Then restart it.

that would clear off any residual bits hanging on in memory and active - then it would start with a clean slate.

Another option would be to do a factory reset of the phone and wipe all data and start over. that might also fix it.

Otherwise I don't know what else to do since it's a baked in app of the LG ROM - you can't delete it without root access.
Thanks for the input. I've force stopped, cleared cache, cleared data, to no avail. I have another Note taking app I use but was curious as to how Capture+ worked. Really not a big deal, but like you said, it't not even an app we can delete atm.

Still curious as to how/why it wont work since it never has since taking the phone out of the box last week.

Thanks for the input. I've force stopped, cleared cache, cleared data, to no avail. I have another Note taking app I use but was curious as to how Capture+ worked. Really not a big deal, but like you said, it't not even an app we can delete atm.

Still curious as to how/why it wont work since it never has since taking the phone out of the box last week.

makes me think a factory reset would fix that. SO how did you transfer from your last phone? And yes this app should work just fine. My only other theory is that some transfer or some app you've installed when you did initial setup - is causing some conflict there.

makes me think a factory reset would fix that. SO how did you transfer from your last phone? And yes this app should work just fine. My only other theory is that some transfer or some app you've installed when you did initial setup - is causing some conflict there.
I didn't use anything to transfer. Came from a Nexus 5x on Verizon to the V20 on AT&T.

So all I did was re-download my apps from the Play Store. That's what makes it so weird, it's never worked since turning the phone on for the first time.

I'll just live with it honestly. I've set my phone up identically such aong time (stock Android or custom ROMs) I wanted to take advantage of stock software I'd normally never use.

That is weird. I find i'm using it a lot - it's a helpful little app, and quicker than the other program I used to use. Plus, you can write on it freehand if you want.

I wonder if it's worth contacting LG and asking them, in case it's something they can address?

Back
Top Bottom