• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG L40 won't start up

I have seen a few posts about this type of problem, but not my specific problem.

When I press the power button to switch it on, I get the vibration and the LG screen, then it switches off. When I plug in the charger it vibrates, shows the charging screen then powers off, then it vibrates again, shows the charging screen, then powers off again and it will keep doing this cycle for as long as I have the charger plugged in.

I have tried to do a hard reset. I can get the reset screen to come on and I can guide it through the two yes/no menus to do the reset but as soon as I say yes to the second menu to start the reset it powers off. No reset occurs.

I know that the battery is depleted but the reset won't work even when it is plugged into the charger. In this case, when it powers off after the last yes on the menu, it then starts the charging on/off cycle as above.

I thought that it may be the battery terminals but they look clean on both the battery and the phone and so they should as it's only a few months old.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom