• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Optimus Elite vs Kyocera Event

DaveM6

Which phone ranks better and am I correct that there are no custom Event ROMs as opposed to the many that are out for the Elite?

These are the main two phones I use, though I started with the Event & moved onto my Elite I use the Event regularly still. The Event seems to run a lot of games really well for my 6yr old son with less issues than my Elite & i use modded games like CSR racing & Spider Man on both & they run better on my Event. Also the Event has always been faster at read times & less glitchy using exposed. I like my Elite better & would say it is better mostly bcuz of its versitality & sleek design I guess. Games running well on the Event vs the Elite is likely due to the way I tweak them so its the Elite I say is better still.

Thanks for the info. I guess my only concern is the lack of custom recoveries and ROMs on the Event. Do you know of any?

Thanks for the info. I guess my only concern is the lack of custom recoveries and ROMs on the Event. Do you know of any?

There aren't any recoveries or ROMs for the Event.

Best thing you can do is install Titanium Backup, and set it to backup everything. Make sure the backups are in bz2 file format for max compression, as this will be a huge amount to archive.

A good general rule is if you want to delete anything, make sure it's available on Google Play. Even if Titanium marks it as a system app, if it's available on Google Play, it's safe to delete.

Here's my post about removing certain apps. Check out the entire thread to see what is safe to remove. Back up everything through Titanium so you can put apps back onto the phone itself if you wish to unroot at some point. It is possible to unroot and run the phone with a lot of the bloatware removed. I did that with my Event after I got an LG Optimus F3.

http://androidforums.com/event-all-things-root/824788-debloated-my-event.html

Unrooting is simple: factory reset the phone from recovery.

Back
Top Bottom