• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus F7 - no sim card?

diemz

Lurker
Purchased an Optimus L7 and when I powered it up it says no sim card. Same phone being sold on their website. Do I have to have a sim card and where can I get one?

I'm hoping this phone can actually be activated,

Sim cards are normally for GSM devices. It's rare that a CDMA phone would require a sim card.

EDIT: That said, have you tried taking it to a boost store to activate it? Most times, you can activate it via phone call or they can do it for you.

The card provides the 4glte data most of the times if this card slot is on the device your device is unlocked and if you get a gsm patch you can use on any gsm carrier

Sorry, to steal the thread. I just bought a used LG Optimus F7 and it came with no sim card or iccu card. I cant get 4G but I do get 3G. Is it possible to get this iccu card? Or am I just S.O.L.? Thanks

That depends on who your carrier is big But with Verizon cause they just passed some new rule all 4g devices need to be on a contract . so who do u have

Sorry, I am on boost. I am all the way down to 40 a month and get good service, not looking to change. I bought the phone off ebay. If need be i will send it back. I cant find these iccu cards anywhere.

If you ever become tired of boost mobile you can get a patch for full gsm or a unlock code that will allow you to use with T-Mobile and att or any gsm carrier .

Sorry, I am on boost. I am all the way down to 40 a month and get good service, not looking to change. I bought the phone off ebay. If need be i will send it back. I cant find these iccu cards anywhere.

Have you tried calling Boost mobile?

If you ever become tired of boost mobile you can get a patch for full gsm or a unlock code that will allow you to use with T-Mobile and att or any gsm carrier .

I live up in a rural area in Illinois/Wisconsin. At&t and T-Mobile have barely any service. Only Sprint and Verizon have service for the most part. I will keep that in mind if their services get better in my area. I just called boost and they said basically to go to a store and they would work something out I guess sim cards are iccu cards. No one technically uses a sim card for network just for 4G. So, you can get 3G and regular service without the iccu card but in order to actually get 4G you need the iccu/ sim card. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom