• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Tribute 5 - Stuck on lock screen, random apps open by themselves

Please help. I just received a refurbished LG Tribute 5 from TextNow. Did not root or uninstall factory apps. I called myself from another phone to test the signal (signal was great). When I unlocked the phone, it was stuck on the lock screen showing 1 missed call (my test call). Couldn't unlock or even shutdown with power button. I had to pull the battery. Did this 2 times then I was able to unlock. After that random apps started opening and then the phone froze again. I pulled the battery and the same thing keeps happening.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? How do I fix this? I just spent a long time on this phone and would hate to have to send it back for either exchange or refund (but will if no other choice).

Please help & thanks.

Will try that and will update on status. I disabled gmail, google music, and google movies before all this happened. Do you think this happened because of that?

Do a factory reset.
Make sure that you are the Gmail account user for the device.

I performed the factory reset and before I can get past the language selection it starts randomly scrolling and clicking different languages. Sounds like this device was faulty from the start and a factory reset won't help. Do you agree or is there another thing I can try?

Thanks for your time and guidance.

Back
Top Bottom