• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V10 I am just drooling bucketfulls

horsecharles

Android Expert
Dec 14, 2010
NYC
Only things I found to maybe critique are no usb c or regular radio + screen under 6"...
but these are absolutely dwarfed by everything else + unbelievable removable battery + check out the promo(TMO also participates btw) that gives u extras like another battery + charging cradle & 200gb sd(typo?)
http://about.att.com/story/lg_v10_available.html

TMO NEWS has more details:
http://www.tmonews.com/2015/10/lg-v10-will-be-available-from-t-mobile-starting-october-28/

Full specs:
http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v10-7606.php

I'd sell my first born to get it, BUT I'd also lose the Metro $50 unlimited plan...

NO phone that might last _only_ 2 years at best, is worth $599.99

Most Smartphone owners are addicts. Who needs to JUMP to a new phone 3 times a year, or has to have the latest iPhone every 6 months....
I agree with you 99.9%, BUTTTTT, the V10 is a worthy exception.
I just don't see a better phone package coming out this year or the entire next.
In fact, more expensive models this year are inferior.
Between the 200 sd & those cameras + rarely seen things like removable battery n infrared...just that combo of main specs alone: screen size, resolution, storage n ram is so awesome.

I just can't picture a package anywhere close to this until 2017, certainly not for less.
I don't see removable batteries becoming widespread...
And even the missing usb C isn't a big deal with the new dual port flash drives.

And I would pay double the current price for an update to this phone, that included larger screen, dual SIM, dual SD, and extra slot for simultaneous charging and OTG.

Upvote 0
I traded in my G4 for one and absolutely love it.

The G4 was not a significant upgrade from the G3 in anything but design. The V10 on the other hand, is LG's real 2015 flagship. My only real concern was the appearance. It just did not look as good as the G4. Pictures do not do it justice. It looks and feels great.
So many folks echo these thoughts...I couldn't believe the number of comments on TMO news...there is such a buzz.
A beast of a phone plus extras(beast themselves too) plus a price lower than its inferior competitors.
What's not to like...

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I traded in my G4 for one and absolutely love it.

The G4 was not a significant upgrade from the G3 in anything but design. The V10 on the other hand, is LG's real 2015 flagship. My only real concern was the appearance. It just did not look as good as the G4. Pictures do not do it justice. It looks and feels great.

+1 MEGA DITTO! Same can be said comparing to the Note5 in regards to the latter.Purely subjective,both are equally lookers,but,I have to give the edge to the v10 for the feel-in-hand,even thought it is a skosh wider than the Note5.
Kudos to Samsung for the S-Pen refinements though,hope to see LG get on-board & equal or best w/some stylus magic of their own.

So many folks echo these thoughts...I couldn't believe the number of comments on TMO news...there is such a buzz.
A beast of a phone plus extras (beast themselves too) plus a price lower than its inferior competitors.
What's not to like...
Exactly! & I'm not a mfg fanboi,all the major/well-known mfgs have nice devices.
I'll miss the S-PEN from the Note5,but,I can improvise w/Quick Memo.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
+1 MEGA DITTO! Same can be said comparing to the Note5 in regards to the latter.Purely subjective,both are equally lookers,but,I have to give the edge to the v10 for the feel-in-hand,even thought it is a skosh wider than the Note5.
Kudos to Samsung for the S-Pen refinements though,hope to see LG get on-board & equal or best w/some stylus magic of their own.

Exactly! & I'm not a mfg fanboi,all the major/well-known mfgs have nice devices.
I'll miss the S-PEN from the Note5,but,I can improvise w/Quick Memo.
Exactly right back atcha.
I always stick to the lower price end of the scale, in agreement with Sept1967,
this is the first flagship temptation.

Upvote 0
For me I think I'm going to wait for the Sony Xperia Z5 Ultra which is "supposed" to be out next March if the rumors are true.

If the rumors are false, I'll just snag a Sony Xperia Z5 Premium.

Both phones are clear upgrades to my Note 3.. and an upgrade to the V10.
Bless your patience...
Z5 Ultra would be an upgrade over all other phones on the planet.

Z5 Premium....hhhmmmmm....Between the extra load of those advanced specs and the way it would take over more of my present tablet / lappie use(plus multiple user accounts) I personally wouldn't want to settle for the 32gb/3gb, to say nothing of scaling back due to overheating- I know I would overwhelm this phone in all areas in no time.

Z5 Ultra should rule, with a few assumptions, but being on hold blows.
Assuming no heat issues & 64 gb, this model could/should be World#1.

As an aside I wish phablet makers would get / hurry into dual Sim, dual sd(esp when storage size on lowish side), infrared, +++>4 ram.

JMHO

Upvote 0
New promo - November 30 to December 20
battery, charge dock, but only 64gb card this time

I dont think the V10 is selling as well as they hoped.

Well when you take the G4 and give it a new case and bigger screen.. what else do they expect?

I dunno,they've sold at least 100,000 in the US alone in one month (based on the # of submittals to the initial free SD Card/Battery offer) .
Maybe not the best-selling phone out there,but,doesn't sound too bad to me.

I'm guessing the continued free offers are to keep the momentum going through the Holiday sales season.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones