• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V20 cases

Napalm

Android Expert
Ok so I got mine on friday - got my first case to try out Sunday

Ringke Resilient Strength case - onyx. it was cheaper than the UAG I used to use, more importantly I could get one. I wasn't able to get a UAG case until later this week and I wanted one quicker than that. I have a 2 year old.

To be fair it's not as sturdy as the UAG - but it's not bad. IN fact it's pretty good for 10 dollars. fit well, buttons work well with it - not quite enough of a screen edge protection for my taste. but what can you do.

The V20 is study for drops and the like out of the box - this adds some protection and I like that. I won't go drop the thing but I'm not as worried as I would be. I might still get a UAG case for it, or I might not.

Got the Ringke Fusion. I think it's a little lighter than the one you have, but like you said: this thing is made to handle the occasional drop.
Waiting for Tech21 to come out with one. They seem to have the most protection with the lowest profile.

So far I'm fairly happy with this ringke case for the price - I mean even the UAG one is made in china or my last one was.

biggest gripe - headphone jack hole isn't big enough for my plugs.

Napalm,

I got a RenTek case with a belt clip and fold out kickstand. I've never heard of them but it's similar to the Duro cases I've used on my Galaxy S3, and my LG G3.

I wonder if you might be able to use an X-acto knife, or something similar and sort of scratch away some extra plastic around the headphone jack area. I did this for a case on my wife's Note 4 Edge. She teaches fitness classes and needed to connect an 1/8" cable to their audio system at the YMCA. Carefully shaving away plastic around the headphone area made a useless case into a perfect case from my wife's perspective.

Looking around online, I couldn't see a picture that showed the plastic around the headphone jack area, but suspect it would probably work. I don't know that you're going to feel energized to start hacking away with a knife on such a nice case that's brand spanking new.

I'm still looking for a sturdy clear case with a sturdy kickstand that does not obstruct the view of the LG V20 logo

I'm still looking for a sturdy clear case with a sturdy kickstand that does not obstruct the view of the LG V20 logo
I think the spiegen case has an arm that is far enough down to miss the logo

but you'd still have to cut out part of the back

Napalm,

I got a RenTek case with a belt clip and fold out kickstand. I've never heard of them but it's similar to the Duro cases I've used on my Galaxy S3, and my LG G3.

I wonder if you might be able to use an X-acto knife, or something similar and sort of scratch away some extra plastic around the headphone jack area. I did this for a case on my wife's Note 4 Edge. She teaches fitness classes and needed to connect an 1/8" cable to their audio system at the YMCA. Carefully shaving away plastic around the headphone area made a useless case into a perfect case from my wife's perspective.

Looking around online, I couldn't see a picture that showed the plastic around the headphone jack area, but suspect it would probably work. I don't know that you're going to feel energized to start hacking away with a knife on such a nice case that's brand spanking new.

already working on that. issue I think they will all have is the thinness of the mobile and the placement of the jack hole. (yeah, phrasing)

the headphone jack takes up nearly the entire thickness of the mobile on the bottom - so a case has to protect it but still be open there.

The ringke case (and I bet others will do) do a good enough job but requires a small - but deep hole for clearance (are we still doing phrasing). But keeping the case slim also means the material structure has to come somewhere so they have to have a thick band. Issue isn't so much the hole diameter (it is a little bit) but more that as you whittle away at it you might break through the ring of the case - rendering it nearly useless.

I'm still working on it. The issue I have happens to be with some cheapo cans - so I might also whittle on the barrel too

Napalm,

Have fun with ongoing phrasing, and even some whittling if it comes to that. I really hope you come up with a great solution so you can get to using your phone optimally.

Napalm,

Have fun with ongoing phrasing, and even some whittling if it comes to that. I really hope you come up with a great solution so you can get to using your phone optimally.

Thank you.

I realize reading that again I should have mentioned. the "phrasing " thing comes from a cartoon called Archer.

sort of an inside joke we do at my office - probably a little too much.

I think when I get my new B&O phones - I won't have to worry about the whittling anymore.

I think the spiegen case has an arm that is far enough down to miss the logo

but you'd still have to cut out part of the back

Thanks for the suggestion but I will have to pass on that. I should not have to cut anything provided someone comes out with what I am looking for.

I doubt you will see such. unlike apple that requires case makers uncover their logo most android makers either don't have that weight or don't care.

I've never seen a clear case with a kickstand either. If you find one please post up as I suspect it will be very unique. Shame LG doesn't putout more accessories.

I doubt you will see such. unlike apple that requires case makers uncover their logo most android makers either don't have that weight or don't care.

I've never seen a clear case with a kickstand either. If you find one please post up as I suspect it will be very unique. Shame LG doesn't putout more accessories.

For what it's worth I did have a clear case with a kickstand for my Note 3 that I found on Amazon. Unfortunately, it wasn't great quality as the kickstand didn't last long.

What is so important with showing the logo? YOU know what phone it is, why do you care what others can or cannot see?

Back
Top Bottom