• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG V40 OTA Update

illenicK

Hey guys im new to this Android experience and im still learning! I'm having a hard time with the update center on my V40 my phone started downloading a software update from the LG service, and I would simply like to cancel the download and delete what ever it already downloaded I can't find anything on the internet or on the phone about how to stop it it's paused right now but I'd like to stop and delete it permenantly it's an unlocked V40 so no carrier restrictions or anything like that thank you so much!

Welcome aboard! I've never tried to do what your asking so I'm not positive.
Once updated, I don't think you can go back. But to be sure, we need more info. Is it a Security update for a specific month or is it the Android 9 update. I can't think of a reason you wouldn't want either unless you rooted your phone. I don't think you can stop a security update. I think you can stop the Android update, but I would wait for an answer from someone that has tried or is more knowledgeable.

It's a firmware update for pie and I just don't want to update I'd like to keep my phone the way it is now

I'm pretty sure you can stop Android updates before it starts by denying the download. Now that the download has started, I'm not sure how to delete what has already downloaded because I don't know where the download is stored. You can stop the Security updates before they start in Settings, under System Updates. Then go to Automatic Security Updates and turn it off. No more security updates but you'll still get Android updates. Hopefully someone else can help with the Android updates. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom