• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Volt stuck in boot loop after new sd card...pls help

erogier

My phone has been working great since the previous issue....until today ! :( I bought a new 32 gb sd card since the one I was using was only 8gb. After I installed it , the phone started to boot loop. I removed the card and it booted up fine. Sooo, I reinserted the old card. Boot loop again ! So I removed the card and the phone still boot looped. I can boot into twerp, but that is all .Phone is rooted . Any suggestions ?
This is a Virgin Mobile Lg Volt (ls740). I made a back up and then did a reset wipe through twerp. Phone booted, but no service. Tried restoring the backup, booted , started upgrading apps . As soon as it finished it shut down and went back into bootloop. Wiped again, booted, still no service. Checked status in settings, no phone number or anything else ! Checked software and baseband unknown. I am not sure where to go from here. Should I reinstall the os per the unbrick guide as I did previously......?

Today at 2:42 AM

brand of SD card? I'm guessing it's SanDisk. Get a different card. SanDisk has their own proprietary bootable app on it. Yeah, reflash - clean flash. your old SD may be contaminated now.

then ignore what I said. I have no idea, other than a clean reflash. sorry. xda forum might have some ideas.

then ignore what I said. I have no idea, other than a clean reflash. sorry. xda forum might have some ideas.
No problem ...appreciated you taking the time to respond......update...I did reflash the zv3 tot. One thing I noticed was previously the carrier info and a few stock(bloat) stuff didn't load. Since I had not done this particular flash before I didn't think anything about it. But this time it loaded everything back to original stock....don't know if that had anything to do with the problem....????But so far seems all is working again....don't know about twerp and root yet...still updating to current..

Great - yeah I always found that flashing back to a full original stock and then going from there worked best. There are a lot of partitions that a custom rom flash often doesn't touch like radios etc. Hope it lasts!!!

Back
Top Bottom