• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

liking the froyo update

2acclaim

The biggest thing I'm liking is that fact it will now talk our exchange server at work. 1 click for e-mails is so much nicer than having to use the web browser based version.

The additional screens doesn't really matter since i'm running Launcher pro but on standard phone I'm sure I'd appreciate it.

I also like the new droid guy when you plug in. Doesn't change but easier.

Camera mode seems much more responsive, haven't really used the new features other the reticule.

Biggest plus is some of the apps I can move to SD now freeing up a bunch of room internally.

Makes me wonder what I'm missing with 2.3. :o

I will admit though, if I come across a good price on a Mesmerize I'll drop the Acclaim in a heartbeat

Not that it really matters but 2.1 did support Exchange. It just only did email and contacts and not the calendar. We used Touchdown to supplement that fuctionality with 2.1.

I am having a hard time getting rid of Touchdown just because I like that I get my tasks unlike the native Android sync.

That being said 2.2 is awesome. So far I haven't found anything to complain about.

SammyAcclaim: I suspect that what 2acclaim meant by now being able to talk to his Exchnge server is that 2.2 supports more security measures than 2.1 did. With 2.1, I was unable to connect to my work's Exchange server because it requires a 6-digit PIN, which 2.1 didn't support.

Back
Top Bottom