• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Locating the Device ID

kmf1960

Lurker
Aug 24, 2014
I have a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T211) which, unfortunately, is a Chinese version of the tab and as such does not allow access to Google Play. I have discovered other ways to get the apps I require via my PC but they require the device ID. Problem is, to get the device ID I have to download specific apps to my tablet which are only available on Google Play. So I need to find a way to discover the Device ID without using Google Play Store. Any ideas??? I looked at Amazon but it will not download because of my geolocation. SnapPea doesn't have the apps I need and I can not register this tab with Google Play store (because it won't connect) to allow me to download the apps on my PC. I need to be able to get the apps on my PC and transfer them, via USB, to my tablet.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi there, kmf1960! Welcome to Android Forums. :)

I've moved this to the Tab 3 7.0 board so fellow owners have a better chance of seeing it.

So you can side-load apps via your computer? But you need the device ID? Hmmmm... :hmmmm2: I've never run into that when I've side-loaded anything, so I can't help. But I'm sure someone else will be able to!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones