• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen menu

illenicK

Hey guys, sorry all the questions lol still getting used to this. I'm having an issue with the slide down menu on the home screen, I cannot only slide down half way to adjust brightness and such it automatically open all way and if I try to slide it up manually to use it it automatically asks from my passcode.. never used to do that before. Any thoughts? Thanks

Hey guys, sorry all the questions lol still getting used to this. I'm having an issue with the slide down menu on the home screen, I cannot only slide down half way to adjust brightness and such it automatically open all way and if I try to slide it up manually to use it it automatically asks from my passcode.. never used to do that before. Any thoughts? Thanks

I'm having a difficulty with my pull down notifications also. Mine won't stay down, but it has never asked for a code. I got around my issue by using the Home Touch Buttons under Settings - Display. Then under "Button Combination" I use the "Notification" button. You can try the button. Maybe that will get around a password. If that doesn't work, then it might not be the pull down Notifications. I cannot think of a reason why it would ask for a password once you've signed into your phone. Could it have something to do with one of the programs in the pull down list? Do one of them have a password? However, I would think it would ask for a password when opening the list, not closing it. I put all this down hoping that my thoughts may stimulate your thoughts. I'll keep thinking. Good luck in the meantime.

Not sure what you mean by opening all the way, but from the lock screen, mine opens down to the edit option...

Depends on what I want to do, whether it asks for my passcode.

I may have misunderstood. The title says Lock Screen Menu, but I don't have a menu on my lock screen. I thought the description was for the pull down shortcut and notification menu from the home screen. Here's what I thought we were talking about. Screenshot_20190810-101547.png
If we are talking about the same thing, when does it ask for a passcode? I've never had that happen.

I may have misunderstood. The title says Lock Screen Menu, but I don't have a menu on my lock screen. I thought the description was for the pull down shortcut and notification menu from the home screen. Here's what I thought we were talking about. View attachment 143665
If we are talking about the same thing, when does it ask for a passcode? I've never had that happen.

Thats the menu I'm talking about when u pull down half way you can adjust the brightness and when u pull down all the way you have all the icons. For whatever reason I cannot just pull down half way to use the brightness adjustment

Not sure what you mean by opening all the way, but from the lock screen, mine opens down to the edit option...

The slide down menu... When u slide down from the top you have your shortcuts and brightness adjustment and what not... I can use the first slide down on the lock screen it always opens up the complete menu where you don't have access to the brightness slider

I may have misunderstood. The title says Lock Screen Menu, but I don't have a menu on my lock screen. I thought the description was for the pull down shortcut and notification menu from the home screen. Here's what I thought we were talking about. View attachment 143665

This is the menu yes but on my phone u pull it down half way for the brightness and the all the way for the rest of the short cuts but it won't let me keep it pulled down half way is there a way I can get the brightness slider to appear when I pull down the menu completely??

Yes this is exactly what isn't working properly I just want to be able to slide it down half way to have access to the brightness slider and it won't let me

Yes this is exactly what isn't working properly I just want to be able to slide it down half way to have access to the brightness slider and it won't let me

I can't slide it down halfway either. (To only show the shortcuts and the two sliders.) But when I pull it all the way down, the sliders and 6 shortcuts appear. In order to get the rest of my shortcuts, I tap on the tiny down arrow below the sliders. You could see what shows with my pull down open. Try sending a screenshot with yours all the way down so I can see the difference. That may help. Maybe send another screenshot with the password request too since I've never seen that.

I can't slide it down halfway either. (To only show the shortcuts and the two sliders.) But when I pull it all the way down, the sliders and 6 shortcuts appear. In order to get the rest of my shortcuts, I tap on the tiny down arrow below the sliders. You could see what shows with my pull down open. Try sending a screenshot with yours all the way down so I can see the difference. That may help. Maybe send another screenshot with the password request too since I've never seen that.

Ok thanks cuz yeah all the way down my sliders won't show up 😑😑 hold on I'll send a screenshot of it now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190810-151151.png
    Screenshot_20190810-151151.png
    1 MB · Views: 129

The password request happens when I try to slide it up manually to get the brightness slider

Try tapping the little Arrow. What happens then.
Screenshot_20190810-151151.png

That should show 6 shortcuts and your sliders.

Last edited:
The password request happens when I try to slide it up manually to get the brightness slider
Also, a few questions:
1. Why do you have your data plan and wifi active at the same time? You're wasting battery life.
2. When I have Wifi active, there is a panel under my shortcuts saying so. You have nothing. Do have all your notifications turned off? To find out, tap "Manage Notifications" under the white bar. If it shows turned off, then tap the 3 button menu icon on the top right and select "All Apps". That might show the app that is asking for a password.
3. Are you using an add on user interface like Nova or Go?

Last edited:

Can you tell me what you do that asks for a password? I've never been asked so I have no idea. Thanks

Also, a few questions:
1. Why do you have your data plan and wifi active at the same time? You're wasting battery life.
2. When I have Wifi active, there is a panel under my shortcuts saying so. You have nothing. Do have all your notifications turned off? To find out, tap 'Manage Notifications' under the white bar. If it shows turned off, then tap the 3 button menu icon on the top right and select 'All Apps'. That might show the app that is asking for a password.

No add on UI and I don't have wifi on ever as I don't have wifi at home it was on because I used a hotspot for something and just didn't turn it off when I took the screen shot.. I honestly didn't touch any of the notification stuff so I couldn't tell you I'll check out the manage notifications when it asks for the password I'm not trying to access anything it does it automatically if I try to slide the menu up slowly to get my brightness slider. is there a way to add the slider to the full drop down?

Also, a few questions:
2. When I have Wifi active, there is a panel under my shortcuts saying so. You have nothing. Do have all your notifications turned off? To find out, tap 'Manage Notifications' under the white bar. If it shows turned off, then tap the 3 button menu icon on the top right and select 'All Apps'. That might show the app that is asking for a password.

All the notifications for all the apps are on

Also, a few questions:

All the notifications for all the apps are on

If I can just have the sliders appear when it's all the way down that would fix the issue honestly it's just the fact that I can adjust the brightness from the lock screen that's a pain how can I do that though? I can't find that setting anywhere

Can you tell me what you do that asks for a password? I've never been asked so I have no idea. Thanks

Only when it's accessed from the lock screen. Normal opening only shows this...
Screenshot_20190810-173034.png

Opening from the lock screen opens it up to this. What illenicK wants is to get the slider.
Screenshot_20190810-172939.png

From the lock screen I can turn on the flash light, turn on/off the sound, and to enable Do Not Disturb, but to do anything else it asks for my lock code.

No add on UI and I don't have wifi on ever as I don't have wifi at home it was on because I used a hotspot for something and just didn't turn it off when I took the screen shot.. I honestly didn't touch any of the notification stuff so I couldn't tell you I'll check out the manage notifications when it asks for the password I'm not trying to access anything it does it automatically if I try to slide the menu up slowly to get my brightness slider. is there a way to add the slider to the full drop down?
Only when it's accessed from the lock screen. Normal opening only shows this... View attachment 143676

Opening from the lock screen opens it up to this. What illenicK wants is to get the slider.
View attachment 143677

From the lock screen I can turn on the flash light, turn on/off the sound, and to enable Do Not Disturb, but to do anything else it asks for my lock code.
My normal opening gives this:
Screenshot_20190810-174117.png

But I don't understand what the lock screen is. When my phone is locked, there is no pull down. Maybe because I use the AOD?

Perhaps, Mark. I don't use the AOD.
Also, I've never even tried to access the pull down menu, from the lock screen, until this question was asked.

It's just one of those things that happen when someone asks a question that I have a need to replicate it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I press the arrow it works but it's kind of a pain to have to press a tiny arrow to adjust the brightness
I'm baffled. When I pull down from my home screen, I get this by default:
Screenshot_20190810-174117.png

If you check out the bottom, I have 4 buttons; Back, Home, Recent & Notification. I set them up in the Settings, Display, Home Touch Buttons then Button Combination. I use the Notification button (^) to pull down and retract the above screen. Maybe give that I try. I also use the AOD (Always On Screen). Maybe that will help. I don't know why it would, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Back
Top Bottom