• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a new browser

gale65

Android Enthusiast
I love the ability to jump to the top or bottom of a webpage in Dolphin but since the last update, it crashes on me every single time. Is there another browser that has this ability? When I'm reading long threads I don't like to scroll to the bottom or top because the motion gives me headaches. So I need something that will jump to the top or bottom of the page easily.

I love the ability to jump to the top or bottom of a webpage in Dolphin but since the last update, it crashes on me every single time. Is there another browser that has this ability? When I'm reading long threads I don't like to scroll to the bottom or top because the motion gives me headaches. So I need something that will jump to the top or bottom of the page easily.

Boat Browser, which is my favorite, will let you create gestures to do that. Works very nicely. I have the pro version, but I think the free version does that to. Pro lets me sync with Firefox on my desktop.

thanks-I'll try that. i found an apk of the old version of dolphin but I really don't want to end up bricking my phone over a bad download.

thanks-I'll try that. i found an apk of the old version of dolphin but I really don't want to end up bricking my phone over a bad download.

I might be wrong here, but I've never heard of bricking over sideloading an apk. I'm pretty sure you'll be perfectly fine but if you're unsure I can test one out for you.

That's good to know! No worries-I'll give it a try today.

I have to admit I'm not impressed with this phone as compared to my Galaxy Nexus. I never had the first problem with it but this phone has to be rebooted a couple times a day just so the sound works right. :(

If its a bad download it should fail to install.

You can't brick sideloading an APK. The worst case scenario a factory reset will fix everything, but I can't think of a scenario where you'd need to do that.

I was turned onto a browser called CM aka clean master . in the play store so far so good thank funkylogic for this one . fast and its a bad a:eek::eek: but dolphin and a few others that need flash player it Dont work you will need to make some adjustments if your on kitkat this maybe the reason for your problem

Thanks again everyone. I'll check out the browsers mentioned. I finally managed to find the right version of dolphin (after installing and uninstalling about 5 versions) which is 11.0. I set it to never update.

Back