• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for better email

SicFreak

The Message is SIC!
Jan 1, 2012
Pekin IL
www.dollarbaits.com
Alright, being a business owner has it's perks, but also has its down sides... Currently I'm looking for a better email app.

Right now I use Kaiten mail, while it's nice, I'm looking for more from my email app. Considering I get hundreds of emails daily, if not more... I would like an app where I can set up folders, with rules, (similar to Thunderbird on my laptop) so my important emails can be in one folder, and other stuff can be in separated folders...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've just binned Maildroid to go with Profimail Go ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.PM&hl=en ... I've just changed from a pop3 mailbox to imap and one of my requirements was to have all my mail locally (if necessary) - so it was searchable whilst offline (say, out of signal area or on a plane). Profimail was the only one I found that could do this easily.

It has rules as you ask for (though I don't use them) and I have many folders setup and you can easily add more. Their forum seems fairly responsive as well.

Dave

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
I've just binned Maildroid to go with Profimail Go ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.PM&hl=en ... I've just changed from a pop3 mailbox to imap and one of my requirements was to have all my mail locally (if necessary) - so it was searchable whilst offline (say, out of signal area or on a plane). Profimail was the only one I found that could do this easily.

It has rules as you ask for (though I don't use them) and I have many folders setup and you can easily add more. Their forum seems fairly responsive as well.

Dave

I'm giving this one a try, pretty nice so far, but either lacks the ability to mark all read /delete all at once, or I'm missing it somewhere

Upvote 0
i have a license for Kaiten mail , Maildroid and aqua mail pro and for me the winner was aqua mail pro it is a very nice app i have no problems at all using it

Kaitenmail is/was nice, but I needed more... Like my original post says, I get literally hundreds of emails a day, some important, some not so much... And kaiten lacked the ability to create rules

Upvote 0
In Profimail? How did you do that? nJust seen your posts and had a quick look myself but couldn't see it ....

Dave

On the right hand when viewing the email list with all your emails... You'll see a lil triangle, selecting that allows you to delete, swiping down the right will select multiples, and you can delete or mark as read...

On another note:

I'm debating if it's going to be worth the 6.99 a year, or if I want to go with something that's a 1 time cost... But I'm really diggin it, so tough choice, but will likely do the 6.99 yearly

Reactions: dvhttn
Upvote 0
On the right hand when viewing the email list with all your emails... You'll see a lil triangle, selecting that allows you to delete, swiping down the right will select multiples, and you can delete or mark as read...

Ah, I see. Something else figured out.

... I'm debating if it's going to be worth the 6.99 a year, or if I want to go with something that's a 1 time cost... But I'm really diggin it, so tough choice, but will likely do the 6.99 yearly

I'm fine with the freebie version as I have just the one account at the moment. Though 6.99 a year sounds very reasonable to me, especially as it's got the best features I've seen (for my useage anyway!) in an email client.

Dave

Upvote 0
Ah, I see. Something else figured out.

I'm fine with the freebie version as I have just the one account at the moment. Though 6.99 a year sounds very reasonable to me, especially as it's got the best features I've seen (for my useage anyway!) in an email client.

Dave

It's more of, do I want a yearly fee that I'll likely forget about...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones