• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Looking for extremely light roms

scythefwd

I'm looking for suggestions for a ROM for my n5. Battery is starting to go, but I can still repurpose it as a gps that stays plugged in...

So here is what I'm looking for.. smallest, fastest rom out there that will still let me use play store AND is stable.. I'm not looking to root.. just something with a small memory footprint that will still work well. I've got a 16gb version..

Intended aps I'll be using
Co-Pilot navigation
MAYBE a music player...

I want all of my radios to work, but I dont care if all the sensors do. I dont care about overclocking (though under clocking would actually be useful potentially.

Any suggestions? CyanogenMod? AOSP vanilla stock image? I know there are tons of roms for this phone.. just looking for suggestions

Any specific reason to run Stock over the others? Honestly, I'd love to completely remove everything but the play store.. but I'm not sure how well that works, even rooted... I know I've tried to delete google maps, and the most it'll let me do is disable the app.

Just rolled back to latest stock and installed co-pilot.. Man, I liked that phone.. too bad I dont trust after market batteries.

Back
Top Bottom