• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for recommendations from the experts...

eric90808

Lurker
Dec 14, 2011
Like so many others, I converted this week to an Android phone (T-Mobile MyTouch 4g (LG)) after YEARS of being a Blackberry user.

My friend has the Samsung 4g, and it has an app on it called "Social Hub", which is really nice 'cause it lets you have all your various messaging (text/sms/email/FB/twitter/etc...) in one single "icon". When you tap the icon, it lists all the various inboxes, and you can then go where you need.

Is such a thing available for me to DL to my MyTouch? I thought, if both are running Gingerbread, the apps would be compatible, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, as a consultant, I have 3 emails for 3 companies I work for. I have 2 of them set up in the email app on my phone, but the 3rd one simply will NOT authenticate, which is causing me a HUGE problem. It's my primary client/employer, and not having email on my phone is bad. I have verified, repeatedly, that the settings match what was on my Blackberry, and what is on my laptop in Outlook, but the phone keeps saying it fails authentication. Any ideas?

Swipe sucks, but I found a way to choose Andoid keyboard in stead, and that helps the battery usage a bit, thankfully.

I saw, somewhere, a place to tell the phone to only have GPS on when in use, but can't seem to find it again. I have GPS turned off, because it kills my battery. Same with wi-fi. Can anyone remind me where to set these items to ONLY run when they are called by some app, and turn off afterward?

I've just joined this forum, but read about 25 threads on the first 4 pages. Thanks for all the awesome info, folks. What a great community you seem to have here.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones