• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looks like metro and T-Mobile g stylo may be getting marshmallow

Load fotakill.apk
( goggle it). This should hold off taking a carrier update till YOUR ready. So you can alleviate a brick by carrier before hand.

Load fotakill.apk
( goggle it). This should hold off taking a carrier update till YOUR ready. So you can alleviate a brick by carrier before hand.

well T-Mobile/Metro we have the KDZ + if we (i do it every 2 days) do full back and keep it we are safe too :D..... but that's a good way to go just Kill OTA's updates app.

Well Boost support called. She just explained to me the steps to take to make the phone check for an update - completely missing the point of my question. So I asked her directly if they were going to send a Marshmallow update. She said "We are looking forward to it.... blah, blah, blah, we have no information when LG will send an update..." So in other words they don't know it the Boost version will get an update or not until LG sends it to them.

i read somewhere that the update has to be sent from google to the service provider, then the service provider does testing and applies their bloatware, and then the provider sends it out...

i read somewhere that the update has to be sent from google to the service provider, then the service provider does testing and applies their bloatware, and then the provider sends it out...

actually it has nothing to do with google. LG the manufactured writes it, compiles it, test it, then either sends it to the provider or pushes it out them selves.

actually it has nothing to do with google. LG the manufactured writes it, compiles it, test it, then either sends it to the provider or pushes it out them selves.
really? i thought google makes the core android software? then lg/samsung/etc puts their skin/features onto it and pushes it out? thats why nexus devices have plain vanilla android because they get it straight from google no?

really? i thought google makes the core android software? then lg/samsung/etc puts their skin/features onto it and pushes it out? thats why nexus devices have plain vanilla android because they get it straight from google no?

well yeah. but you had said google sends an update to the service provider. lol I was correcting that part. Google puts out a generic OS. Then anyone that wants it can pick it up. Like a phone manufacture. They then writes their codes and drivers into the OS, then compile it, test it and then send it to the service provider and or push it out to phones them selves. But what takes so long has nothing to do with google, It's the phone manufacture. If it was just a generic OS that could work on all phones. We'd get updates as soon as google puts it out for their nexus devices.

I also read that writeup on XDA, but I read some of the comments and it appears some people already rooted their Nexus phones with Marshmallow. So now I wonder if the a article was somewhat jumping the gun. Count me in on being a bit worried...

Well Boost support called. She just explained to me the steps to take to make the phone check for an update - completely missing the point of my question. So I asked her directly if they were going to send a Marshmallow update. She said "We are looking forward to it.... blah, blah, blah, we have no information when LG will send an update..." So in other words they don't know it the Boost version will get an update or not until LG sends it to them.

and if you call LG they say that Boost is in charge of the updates trust me i have tried (since i have begged both for the damn KDZ file)

Back
Top Bottom