• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost Phone, power closed and no service

I know this is probably futile but please give me sort of suggestion as I am nescient towards phones in general.

Last summer my dad got me a HTC one V from Taiwan and I've been using it without any service since then.
On feb 12, 2013 I put my closed phone in my pocket and to my surprise it was gone when I realized it 1 hr after first class.
Since then I've tried everything: visiting my school office (in Bc, Canada( everyday and the nearby private school one, attempting to download trackers and etc...
I'm planning on going to my community police department but idk if they can help me when I only have the boxing left with IMEI number?

Is there anything I can possibly do to retrieve it back? eg. what do you all feel about emailing customer services (eg. HTC website >contacts>email). Any advice will help

I'm sorry if I'm probably wasting your time and if this doesn't comply with the forum rules here as I have only created an account minutes ago in desperation.

Thank you

You will never be wasting anyone's time here at AF. Welcome aboard. I wish I had something great to tell you. Police are notoriously slow and indifferent to lost/stolen cell phones reports. It would not hurt to try them but don't hold your breath. I would contact your carrier with the IMEI number so that they can blacklist the phone so that it can't be used by whoever has it now. Best of luck to you and thanks a lot for joining these forums.
I hope you will continue to use the site for your Android needs.

Back
Top Bottom