• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lost phone with (UK) sim card, in Thailand, new phone won't let me sign into google account

ning_cha

Lurker
Mar 16, 2021
In Thailand, Lost my phone somehow, have a UK number, bought a phone but android won't let me sign into google account on new phone. authentication options are only: phone call to original number or text. I don't have access to this number anymore and cannot get a new sim card sent over.

Anyone got any ideas how I can solve this?

Many thanks.

Reactions: Koyz
Hey, you can talk to the carrier company when you'll reach your country and get the same number again in order to access all your accounts and other stuff related to that number. It's the best way possible to retrieve your accounts.

I also faced this issue and Google won't let you in unless you're signing in from a familiar phone that you've used in the past to log in or Google had already recognized as the trusted device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones