• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Love yaata but can't send sms

Hey. So I recently downloaded this app and I absolutely love the way it looks only problem is this morning I am trying to use it for the first time and I get the little red exclamation point and it refuses to send out any text messages if I switch back to Android messages or Verizon it sends right away anybody have any idea why this particular app would not let me send out SMS?

Have you given it all the requested permissions and made it the default messaging app? Android only allows one messaging app to send SMS messages.

If the little red exclamation point is in the notification bar, what exactly does the message say?
Have you set Yaata to be your default SMS app?

Ninja'ed :p

I switched it as default app. How do I give permissions?
Settings | Apps | Yaata In there you should see permissions. Tap on that and a list of permissions it has requested should be listed. You can individually allow or deny these permissions, but some may render it non-functional if you deny them (e.g. a messaging app will need permission to view your contacts).

It's just weird that any other texting app I can send and receive and with this one I can't send but I can receive
I'm sort of stumped. It is acting like it isn't set as default in that it can receive and not send. Have you tried contacting the developer?

5 years later and I just had the same problem, uninstalled, re-installed and it started working. It's a shame that this problem still persists!

Back
Top Bottom