• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low-battery notification sound

The low-battery notification tone always sounds at FULL volume, no matter what my media, ringer, or notification volumes are set at. It's kinda painful when I'm listening to low-level music with earbuds and suddenly have an airhorn in my skull...

My phone is rooted, though I haven't really done anything with it yet (planning to, though).

I can't see anything that changes the setting, so maybe I have to find the sound file and replace it with something? I'd still like an alert, I'd just like it not to blow a hole in my eardrums. Does anyone know of a setting that controls that volume?

It was a pain, but I more or less fixed it. I used Root Explorer to find the file, think it was \system\media\audio\notifications\LowBattery.ogg, copied it to the external SD so I could access it from my PC, downloaded Audacity on my PC to alter the volume, exported as Ogg and copied it back onto the SD then moved into the Notifications folder, then waited patiently for my battery to run down so I could hear the result.

Even after lowering the volume 2x, it was still pretty jarring, so I finally took a less obnoxious ringtone, lowered the volume, and saved that as LowBattery.ogg. The last result was a little quieter than I'd like, but at least my eardrums are still intact.

Back