• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low Signal / Bad Antenna (GS3 Sprint)

Syphon

So just got my GS3 a few days ago. I have noticed where my EVO had an OK signal in my home and office, my GS3 has no signal (data or voice). I have to stand next to a window or go outside to make calls. My wife, also on Sprint with an iPhone, gets a decent enough signal in the house. My sister-in-law uses a sprint Evo and gets a signal in our house.

Anyone notice issues with the antenna on the GS3 with Sprint?

Yep, I just got mine yesterday, and I noticed a huge difference in signal strength at least at my office. I upgraded from the original Epic 4G to the Galaxy S3, and from my office cube, I would get 4 or 5 bars on my Epic, and now I get 1 at most. My 3G works OK from there, but not as well as it did on the Epic. I work for a company who's office is located in one of the buildings ON the Sprint World Headquarters... so you'd think I'd have the best signal across the board... phone, 3G and 4G.... but that's not the case. When I walk outside, I immediately get full signal and good 3G. Coverage is about the same at my house.

Have you updated to the latest update, LG8? Signal was horrible on the initial release of the GS3 for Sprint, and the LG2 was apparently bad, as well (I never accepted that update, as I heard the rumors of the bad reception). But I've used LF9 and LG8 and my reception is pretty good, and is acceptable in buildings.

I'm having the issue on my Verizon flavored s3. 1-2 bars at home while every other persons phone is at 5. When I go into the local Target I get the no sim message.

I don't know for sure because I have the Tmobile version which has great signal strength but I believe Samsung updated the radio in the CDMA/LTE version's. I would check for an update.

I had a Verizon S3 and now an AT&T S3,and I have experienced terrible reception issues with each phone and carrier. The first Verizona S3 I had crashed, was replaced, and still no better. I went to AT&T as my husband's iPhone 4s is fine. Still terrible reception, when in fact I do get it! Currently using a Wilson cradle booster and it works fine, but can't carry it with me around the place! Is there a remedy for this problem?

Using on Sprint in a major metro area, I like the phone but the phone reception is probably the worst of any phone I've owned (over 10). The bluetooth is good for less than ten feet, also terrible reception. I'm going to the Sprint store to see if there is some kind of update or signal sensitivity adjustment. If not, it's being returned. Any suggestions? This is my first smart phone. Thanks, Happy

I have the same signal strength issues on my Verizon GS3. Swapped out my iphone 4, which I thought had mediocre signal strength at best. Iphone 4 seems great compared to my GS3. I hope I just got a lemon or there is a software fix, but this phone is definitely going back to the store.

That's strange cause I get great signal in my apt and all around town . Unless I am in target....Then it's crap. I'm in a crap hole of a city in between sf and sac btw

Back
Top Bottom