• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low volume & Low sound quality

chikamen

Lurker
I like Dell in general and I liked Dell Streak 5 but its volume and sound quality.
I searched the forum but couldn't find a topic about this. If I'm wrong I'm sorry, I'm new in this forum and a newbie Android user.

Am I the only one who is not pleased with Dell's sound? Please give me suggestions and share your opinions regarding to this matter. Though I liked this smartphone / pad mostly I'm about to return it and buy a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc or an iphone due to my love to music.
Dell Streak 5's volume level and sound quality is much worse than Apple's, Sony Ericsson's, HTC's etc smart phone. Even my 6 years old Sony Ericsson sounds much higher and better.

Are you getting satisfied while listening to music via your Dell?

I'm looking forward to hear your suggestions and opinions.

I like Dell in general and I liked Dell Streak 5 but its volume and sound quality.
I searched the forum but couldn't find a topic about this. If I'm wrong I'm sorry, I'm new in this forum and a newbie Android user.

Am I the only one who is not pleased with Dell's sound? Please give me suggestions and share your opinions regarding to this matter. Though I liked this smartphone / pad mostly I'm about to return it and buy a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc or an iphone due to my love to music.
Dell Streak 5's volume level and sound quality is much worse than Apple's, Sony Ericsson's, HTC's etc smart phone. Even my 6 years old Sony Ericsson sounds much higher and better.

Are you getting satisfied while listening to music via your Dell?

I'm looking forward to hear your suggestions and opinions.

There's nothing can be done to improve the sound quality... of course there are apps to help boost the volume, but you have to install one of the custom Gingerbread ROMs to use Volume+ or Equalizer, but they just make it a little louder, doesn't help the quality...

SO to answer your question the answer is yes, if you want a "phone" to be your media center, then yeah, in all honesty then Sony Ericcson's are considered to be some of the best, but MOST of us have Streaks to be productive, be able to surf, as GPS, to edit documents, etc... the choice is to the user

My Dell audio sucks too. The sound quality of my ZTE tablet speaker is better than Dell. (boo)

The audio isn't, even with earphone, isn't loud enough. It's like having it's own volume control. Totally frustrating.

I don't have any issues with headsets. I think one odd thing about the Streak is the external speaker is on the back, so if you have a cover or if you have the device lying on a table, you loose allot of the sound.

I do have a 3rd party app for music called "PowerAMP Full Version Unlocker"

That's another bad design. Other tablets and phones have their speakers on the sides or front. I missed a lot of alarms because of that.

They say that Android with 2.1 and lower versions doesn't have this problem on Streak.

I don't have any issues with headsets. I think one odd thing about the Streak is the external speaker is on the back, so if you have a cover or if you have the device lying on a table, you loose allot of the sound.

I do have a 3rd party app for music called "PowerAMP Full Version Unlocker"

Back
Top Bottom