• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lycamobile not working

Hey guys,

So I received my nexus 5x today and ran down to the cell shop to have my sim cut so that it fits. A guy cut it and It didn't work when it was inserted. I go to another store to get it tested, the guy put a T-mobile card in and it worked. He told me maybe the guy who cut it, cut it wrong. So I bought a new one, they cut the new one and I called to activate it. They said it would take up to 4 hours. Well now the old card says sim not provisioned in my GS4 and the nexus still says no sim.

Does the nexus5x work on lyca? If works on T-mobile, it should work on lyca is what I've been told.

I am unsure what Lyca is, but did the guy file it down correctly? The back needs to be filed with sand paper to be able to fit in the tray properly. It might not be contacting correctly in the 5x. A very small part of the bottom does get sliced off. I hope this helps a bit.

I'm surprised they couldn't just give you a new SIM card of the correct size. I went to an EE (=T-Mob here in the UK) store, they took my details and configured a new SIM for me - all took about 2 minutes. They also didn't charge me anything this time - last time I needed a different size SIM they charged me £9/$14.

The SIM then worked pretty much immediately (though they said it might take 10 minutes or so).

Order a Nano Sim, a new one, activate it in a new phone if you have a friend who a phone that takes those sim cards. I have VZW. This is what I have to do. My mother has a Galaxy S6Edge. Some phones for some reason require an activated nano sim before putting it in the phone like stupid verizon.

Something is missing with your nano sim mold. I am very skeptical with cutting my regular Sim too fearing the same situation you're going through lol.

I did a crap ton of research before this. Hahah. Good luck!

I'm sure they'd replace the phone quickly in those first 14 days if it were a hardware issue - in the past I've found you get excellent service while you have the option to return ;)

I am using mine with Lycamobile and can confirm that it works just fine. And this is a nano sim provisioned by them, not one that was cut later. And for data, you will need to set the APN correctly (just copy the APN details from your previous device, on which it was working).

I am using mine with Lycamobile and can confirm that it works just fine. And this is a nano sim provisioned by them, not one that was cut later. And for data, you will need to set the APN correctly (just copy the APN details from your previous device, on which it was working).
I'm having a hard time getting a nano sim from them. I ordered one about 2 weeks ago and they're unable to tell me what happened to it.

Back
Top Bottom