• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

M8 motherboard replacement

eto

Apr 2, 2011
M8 motherboard replacement
I'm not sure if this is the place but, . . . . My M8 with the android interface (not Linux) will boot up and display the "Amlogic" logo fine for 10+ seconds fine, then will display the "MBOX" logo for another 10secs fine, but when it comes to the "Android" display, with all of the colorful boxed choices, the display will last for MAYBE 1/2 sec and then go black for 5 -10 -15 secs, (varies) and then flash back on for 1/2 sec to maybe 1 sec! and never stay onscreen. This M8 WAS working fine! I'm thinking maybe it was an update or is it a hardware failure? I believe it is/was running with the updates of Kodi 16.0 and Team Expat! Has the motherboard failed?

In addition I have a few other friends M8/M8S/ MxQ boxes that are bad. Some don't power up at all,some light up but have video output at all and some have loose HDMI connectors. Is there a source of replacement motherboards for these boxes.
Some don't power up at all,some light up but have video output at all and some have loose HDMI connectors. Is there a source of replacement motherboards for these boxes. I don't have original receipts or know who the original vendors were and if they even had a warranty!
thanks in advance and please advise if this is an inappropriate post in the wrong forum!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones