• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maintain a persistent connection with the server in background from android oreo client

I built a VoIP calling app which maintains a persistent connection with the server to listen to any incoming calls. I implemented a background service to do this.

But since Oreo, this running code is now broken because of the introduction of [Background Execution Limits] (https://developer.android.com/about/versions/oreo/background.html)

After looking into forums, I found that some people are suggesting Convert Service to JobService and let android schedule it Doing so, my app won't be able to receive calls when it is stopped Run your operations in foreground services It is annoying for some users to see a constant notification in the notification bar. So these above-mentioned options aren't working for me to fix my code for Oreo. How can I maintain a persistent connection with the server to be ready for incoming VOIP calls?

Back
Top Bottom