• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Major problems setting up Z3 Compact

I recently purchased a Z3 Compact online from SE Asia - as it was quite cheap.

When I start the phone I am given the option to choose a language and opt for English (United Kingdom). Once chosen I hit the 'Done' button and the phone speaks ‘Done Button’. After that the phone does not move on to the next stage as expected. A small window pops up to ask me whether I want Virgin (my provider) to install Internet and MMS settings, so I click on OK and the phone speaks ‘Okay’ but that pop up also remains on screen without moving me forward. It just freezes and does not progress to the next stage.

If I press the phone’s On/Off button I am given the option to' Power Off' the phone but when I click this option nothing happens. I can only switch off the phone by pressing on the On/Off button and the Volume Up rocker simultaneously.

I have contacted Sony UK Support about his issue and they have suggested it may be a hardware error and could only recommend that I return the phone for an exchange or refund.

I am loathe to do this as the phone took two weeks to get to me and I need a working phone ASAP.

Has anyone else had this issue or are there any tips for avenues I should explore before sending it back?

It seems like a major malfunction but may be I am overlooking something.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom