• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make A Call To Do App

droidx_fan

Anyone aware of a app specifically to remind one to make calls and allow you to click on the number to bring up the dialer and make the call? Touchdown Task List won't do this. Got to do (which syncs to Toodledoo) won't do this.

This capability was in Blackberry a decade ago. Worked seamlessly in the iPhone. This is such a fundamental function I cannot imagine it not being capable but for some reason, in Droid, it seems to not be the case. Kind of defeats the purpose of having this scrollable widget when I can't just click on the number in the reminder I entered and have it make the call.

You want to call directly from the widget? Maybe you want to talk to the developer about. I know with Android, if you open the task/note up, your phone number is underlined in blue and when you press the number, it'll take you to the dialer and you can call the number.

I put the number in the description field of my calendar and I tap the phone number when the reminder pops up.

You can do this with Gemini Calendar, and it had an option to put a link to add a new event from a contact or your call log on your homescreen too.

So there is maybe a problem with this solution: when you get a reminder, you may be taken to the default calendar app that doesn't allow you to click a number and dial it. I'm not sure about this, but I use Nudnik Alarms which will display the number and allow you to click and launch the dialer. So anyhow, it works as a 'system' for me and Nudnik also gives you persistent alarms (bugs you until you dismiss or snooze). I almost wouldn't want my phone without this app actually. One little reminder sound doesn't catch my ear or mind very well.

Back
Top Bottom