• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Make gallery recognize sd photos

Rgarner

Android Expert
When they're internal it's no problem. When they get moved to sd it's apparently impossible to move between them easily. Is there a way to fix that? I guess the gallery is just the one that's built into the Samsung Galaxy A02s.

It's been a long time since I owned a phone with a microSD slot, but I'd guess either check settings or permissions of the gallery app to make sure it has SD access. That should only be an issue for writing to SD, but as the gallery app can modify or delete photos that might be necessary.

As I say, only guessing: I don't have a device running an even moderately recent version of Android that also has a microSD slot, so have no experience of this since SD access began to be restricted.

I checked to make sure, and it did say that it has storage permission. There is no mention of sd. I'm not sure what else I can do about it. I guess it's not that big a deal but it's handy to be able to go sideways from one photo to another. I mean mainly screenshots.

I looked this up and found that it might help to reboot the device, clear gallery cache, take out and reinsert the SD card, and/or get rid of the .nomedia file. Is any of this true? I can look at the images by using Simple Files and checking out what's on sd, but it's something of a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom