• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Manual Camera Focus / Macro Focus solution?

mtjohnson92

Lurker
Jun 16, 2015
Since day one of my purchase of my Galaxy S5, I have been fully satisfied with everything but one blaring issue, close up focus with my camera.

I had an LG Enact, a very entry level smart phone for two years which had incredibly surprising ability to take close up shots with very consistent auto focussing. I would even argue that the auto focus was better in just about all situations on that phone which hardware speaking is well behind in comparison to the S5. So why is it that an entry level smart phone with worse hardware out performs the latest hardware technology?

I recently tried 5 apps from the app store all claiming to have manual focus and to my "surprise" none of them worked and I thought that all the apps were the problem. The more I read into it, my phone was actually incompatible with manual focus all together. I am up to date on the latest android version.

My question is, is there any solution to this dumb focus issue? It's so frustrating having cutting edge technology in my hands that takes "better" pictures, but I end up deleting photo after photo because the dang auto focus was waaay off. On top of that, a camera that is able to focus macro won't because of software.

Advice?

Attatched a photo of a typical scenario showing inability to focus on what I want to focus on.

Attachments

• 1434500301595-93090659.jpg
    1434500301595-93090659.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 86

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones