• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Marshmallow after preview 3

andrews317

Android Enthusiast
I looked for this but couldn´t find it, sorry if there was something before.

I installed preview 3 of Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 when it was released. I had Lollipop 5.1 before that. I read somewhere that when the update for the official version of Marshmallow came out it wouldn´t matter if I had the preview, I would still get the update. After two weeks of the official Marshmallow was released five friends with Nexus 5 running on Lollipop have already received the update. Two friends with Nexus 6 also got it.

I was waiting for the OTA update because I was feeling lazy to install it manually, but now I am thinking I will never get it via OTA. Does anyone knows if having the preview affects me?

I know this is entirely of no help to you, but I just flashed the image within days of it being available. You've waited WAY longer than I could have.

Preview users getting the OTA to official is news to me, I also flashed it manually though.

Preview users getting the OTA to official is news to me, I also flashed it manually though.

I also was thinking that Preview users would not get the OTA, but I haven't seen anything officially. Since I wasn't sure but thought it wouldn't happen, I upgraded manually within about a day of the official factory image becoming available.

Back
Top Bottom