• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marshmallow upgrade

Leo1966

Hi
Did anybody try Marshmallow upgrade for this phone? It came to my phone and is asking me to download and install it. But I am always reluctant about upgrades as sometimes they result in poor phone performance. So would like to hear first from those who have tried it already. Would be grateful for sharing your experiences.

I received the update yesterday, it was just over one gigabyte. Installation took a while, but everything seems to be working fine.

My phone seems a lot smoother now, especially when scrolling through long lists of video's in youtube. It's too soon to say anything about the battery life but my first impression is that it is about the same as before.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much. Would be great if you could post an update about the battery life in a few days, after you can see how it is with Marshmallow

You're welcome, but I have to warn you about a problem with the microphone. People I call complain about my voice being very quiet. I'll do a factory reset to see if that helps.

I see. That's quite serious. And such a lot of people have this problem. In that case for me it is clear, I am not going to upgrade. Will have to live with that persistent notification announcing the upgrade but it's better than loosing the ability to talk on the phone.
Thank you again for the valuable information

Good news! Sony replied!

"We're committed to providing the highest standards of product quality and customer service for all of our products. For this reason we will bring back the noise suppression setting as for some networks and circumstances it helps to turn it off. The settings option to disable noise suppression will be included in an upcoming Android™ 6.0, Marshmallow firmware maintenance update. It is set to roll out over the coming weeks, with timing and availability varying by device, region and/or operator."

Sony is rolling out a fix for this bug. I haven't received it yet on my phone, but those who have all say it solves the problem.

Thats good to know. Still waiting for marshmallow here in France!

EDIT: Finally it arrived here in France this morning 14th June! I'll report back if there are any issues.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom