• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mass Storage Mode gone

jimwright

This was working for me earlier, the phone was mounted as a volume on my desktop (Mac), and I had used Doubletwist to sync some music over.

I then installed Cydia Impactor, Clockworkmod Recovery, and booted into recovery mode to perform a backup. When I rebooted, I was going to sync some more files over, and found I couldn't mount the phone any longer, the option to enable Mass Storage on the phone was no longer there.

Has anyone come across this, or have a fix? I even booted into recovery and reset the phone to factory defaults and wiped the cache, no change. Also tried two different Mass Storage Enabler apps, didn't help either.

if its the phone itself, go to settings,connect to pc then there will be some options.

If its the mac then the usb port might not be compatible no more with the phone.

if its the phone itself, go to settings,connect to pc then there will be some options.

If its the mac then the usb port might not be compatible no more with the phone.

I'll double check that when I get home. The phone was showing up as a connected volume on the Mac before I rooted it and the rest I mentioned. I remember on the phone there was an option that I would tap to mount the SD card, and that option is now missing on the phone.

I believe I had tried both the MTP mode as well as the 'Connect to PC' mode, but I'll go back and try again.

A number of guides online mention going to Settings, under Wireless & Network selecting More, and having a USB option there, but on my phone this isn't present, selecting More just brings up VPN and tethering settings.

I tried a few things over the weekend to resolve this issue, resetting some caches and formatting some partitions, nothing worked, and ultimately ended up bricking the phone wiping something I shouldn't have.

So I installed the Azazel ROM from the Prelude forum here, it included a boot.img file, and after flashing that, in addition to having a better ROM, I also had working Mass Storage again. Yay!

I did try the Stock ROM posted here by amalloggi, but that didn't help, it also didn't include the boot.img file, which I'm guessing is where my problems lied.

If you want the stock rom for the avail, download the rom then from the azazel rom replace the system folder. Then flash the rom.

The System folder on the stock image I mentioned wasn't complete, multiple folders were missing, so this wouldn't work.

Back
Top Bottom