• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Matching Qi Charger and External Receiver Coil for Nexus 7 WiFi Only?

jabowery

Lurker
As my wife is disabled, I need a Qi charging station that positions the Nexus 7 Wifi-only (2013) tablet and also an external receiver coil that I'll have to purchase as well. The external coil must be precisely positioned on the back of the Nexus 7 WiFi-only (2013) tablet to match the station's coil -- and as far as I can see the add-on receiver coils don't give you flexibility in positioning the coil. That means the station and the coil must be matched with respect to the Nexus 7 WiFi-only (2013) form factor.

So, I go off to search but then a big problem is that Amazon's search restrictions (left column) don't let you specify Nexus 7 compatibility. Entering "nexus" as a search term doesn't seem to matter either. Moreover, even if I found one or the other, I'd be risking taking shipment on 2 items that aren't geometric matches.

I've considered manufacturing a charging alignment frame as in
but it seems someone somewhere must have something like this for sale. Moreover, it seems someone somewhere must have an external receiver coil kit for the Nexus 7 WiFi-only (2013) that precisely positions the coil to match the position of the Nexus 7 (2013) phone tablet's internal receiver coil.

Back
Top Bottom