• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MAXX your RAZR

MAXX your RAZR,

Buy a RAZR early and notice bad battery life? Upset about the MAXX coming out later with a giant battery?

Well, MAXX IT!

NOTICE:

This WILL Void your warranty. I take no responsibility for anyone messing up their phone, I have yet to do this mod as batteries are unavailable.

Yes, you can install a maxx battery in your Razr! - xda-developers

App parts but battery are currently available from:
Cellphone Repair Shop We Fix Cell Phones Using Original High Quality Cellphone Replacement Parts

Battery will be available within a few weeks according to person on the phone from the company.

My guess is the mod will cost around $100.

Parts needed for a complete modification: Plastic frame, Battery, Battery cover

For partial mod with small gap at sim/micro sd door frame is not needed (ideal only for those who use a case)

Has anyone done this yet. I'd love to give it a go but would like to hear some feedback from those that have already done it.

I will be doing this when all the parts finally come out. I've just been waiting for a good source for the parts. There's absolutely nothing different between the two models of phone save for the parts mentioned. Even the build/ROMS are the same... So, yea... For better battery life, I'm in. That's the ONLY thing that I don't like about this phone.

Has anyone done this yet. I'd love to give it a go but would like to hear some feedback from those that have already done it.

So Far only 1 person has done this, the guy that wrote up the forum thread I linked to. Look a few pages in to see the RAZR with the maxx battery in it.

I took a different plan of action. I bitched long and hard to VZW, and went up several layers of management. I got a $200 credit and swapped for a Maxx. Didnt have to pay retail.

I basically told them that it was a consumer ripoff to come out with the same phone with a correction of the Razrs biggest fault, battery life. And to do this 46 days after Razr release is a consumer ripoff. I finally got to someone who offered the discounted price, $200 account credit. But I did have to re up for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom