• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Maze Alpha X?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
Saw this phone seemingly too good to be true,
Specs:
  • Brand – Maze
  • Model – Alpha X
  • Alternative Name – MAZE X 4G Phablet
  • Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
  • CPU – Octa-Core 4 x 2.5GHz ARM-A53 + 4 x 1.6GHz ARM-A53
  • Chipset – MediaTek Helio P25 MT6757CD, 64-bit Processor
  • GPU – ARM Mali-T880 MP2, 900MHz, 2-Cores
  • Camera – 13MP+5MP Sony IMX258 Dual-LED Flash and AF Rear Camera | 5 Megapixel Front camera
  • Memory – RAM- 6GB LPDDR4X, 1600MHz | ROM 64GB/128GB External Memory Support up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2 Slot)
  • Display – Screen size 6.0 inches in-cell IPS, LCD Full HD (1080 x 2160 Pixels), 18:9 Aspect Ratio
  • Battery – Non-Removable 4,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer
  • SIM – Dual Hybrid SIM (Nano-SIM+ Nano-SIM/microSD), Dual Standby
  • Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass, Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor
  • Color – Black, White, Blue
  • Operating System – Android 7.0 Nougat OS
  • I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot or microSD/TF Card Slot, Type-C USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
  • Dimensions – 155 mm x 75 mm x 8 mm
  • Weight – 155 Grams (With Battery)
  • More Features – Metal+Glass leather Body Design, Full Screen Border-Less Design, LTE Cat6 300 Mbps Download, 50 Mbps Upload, HSPA+(HSUPA 5.76 Mbps Upload, HSDPA 21 Mbps Download), Loudspeaker, Computer Sync, OTA Sync, GPS, OTG Support, Front Mounted Fingerprint Sensor Model, VoLTE Support, Tethering, Hotknot, Rounded Edges, 18:9 Screen Aspect Ratio, 5V/2A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A Charger Output Power, MediaTek Pump Express Fast Charging Technology

I'm not that big on 4K since I rarely use my phones for real photography, and I went to Versus.com to compare chipsets,
    https://versus.com/en/mediatek-helio-p20-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-808-msm8992

So with 6GB RAM, a bezelless 6.0 display, a 4000 mAh Li-Po battery, and an Octa-Core 4 x 2.5GHz CPU, for someone who is not an audiophile or photographer, this seems like the perfect phone for mid range me.

The slightly earlier model the Maze Alpha: (No "X")

Any thoughts?

Well you do know that the Snapdragon 808 you compared that MTK to is a 2014 processor. And the A53 is a very basic core design by modern standards.

And that's part of how you do it. You use a cheap SoC like the MediaTek, cut costs like quality control, support, updates etc. Not doing deals with carriers, retail outlets, marketing etc also cuts costs - some of those aren't a problem for the end user, others may be.

Upvote 0
And this one. what the hell are they doing over there? lol.

Well here in China, it's meh!

I they're still playing the numbers game, i.e. the more megapixels and processor cores it has, the better it must be....yeh right! And please, enough of the iPhone 6 styling!!.. it's 2017 now.

Another thing, if using it in North America it won't have 4G LTE service, and only partial 3G.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papamalo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones