• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root media player rom

dcooterfrog

i am more than ready to retire my phone as a phone. (I got a stratosphere)
i set ti back to stock (rooted) and was ready to sell it when my ipod touch broke.

what happened to the media player rom someone was working on.

With google music playng from the web and some of the internet radio players. it may be time.

I can get it to both play from my squeeze box server and control it.

so I no longer need the phone radio

Original idea faded away, we got busy with our own projects for those who were in need of attention for new things for the ally was first. The pmp rom will be on a later date.

Original idea faded away, we got busy with our own projects for those who were in need of attention for new things for the ally was first. The pmp rom will be on a later date.

ok, thanks for the quick response
for what I want its not relly that importnt.
I was just curious.
I am thinking, stock or velocity, rooted, debloated and a couple of key apps
gogole music
squeeze box controller
internet radio to connect to squeeze box

slacker maybe
grooveshark
pandora

Pmp would be gingerbread build since it carries alot more customization as a mp4 player would allow

I was the one building it, but I abandoned it due to lack of interest, and focusing more on helping with StormDroid/OverStocked as well as some Droid 3 and Transformer stuff.

in your opinion is it worth putting one of th eother roms on the ally for what I am describing
i used to have velocity on it.

i really just want to play music from the cloud in my house.

Honestly, the only advantage of a purely PMP rom would be the fact that with the Phone apps removed, it would have more space for more apps. If you aren't really concerned with that, I would suggest just flashing StormDroid or Velocity and putting it in airplane mode then turning on WiFi, which is what I do.

Back