• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MediaScape Question and Comments

Eddie_Brock

Jun 6, 2010
BC, Canada
Hey everyone, I just wanted to pass along some info and ask a few questions about MediaScape.

First off, let me start by sharing with some information with you. I often use my BT headphones to listen to music while I walk my dog. I was getting irritated that the sound was cutting out every once and awhile, just for about a second or so. I've discovered that it has to do with the WiFi, and its likely the phone looking for, and probing existing wireless networks. If you disable the WiFi setting, your sound should not cut out at all and sound great!

This brings me to my first concern, while its sufficient, I don't find that the audio has enough volume. I have the bluetooth headphones cranked, and the mediascape as well, and while its loud, not enough. If its not killing braincells, I'm generally not happy :D

One question I have is how do you customize album art? I often have .jpgs in my folders of music with the covers, and they do not always pull into MediaScape. Clearly there is no option to manually select a picture, and if Sony Ericsson is reading this, please add this ability! I've found the online search somewhat disappointing. Is the program looking for a specific name of the file? If i rename them to cover.jpg or [albumname].jpg will they appear?

Any other comments are welcome here as well. Thanks!

Reactions: Bexy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones